DIY Garden Signs with 60+ Garden Sign Sayings
I have a touch of whimsy in me that loves to come out in my garden. These cute DIY Garden Signs are made from some reclaimed wood I found. With just a touch of paint and a few catchy garden sign sayings, they now become garden art.
These boards were found under the old pigeon coop (the previous owners hobby). To get them smaller I broke them into pieces with the heel of my boot over a concrete block. Then I sanded them down and drilled holes in them.
I used Patio Paint from Michael’s and a big fat brush to color these up. Just a few quick strokes in one or two colors. Then once dry, I gave it another sanding.
I tole painted on the flowers and penciled on my garden sign sayings before painting over the letters as my guide. Then I added a twisted wire to the previously drilled holes for a hanger. If you’re giving it as a gift, I like to add a paper raffia bow.
Of course these are always fun to have inside as well….
I’ve been collecting garden sign sayings for awhile now and every so often I come back to this post to add a few more. So far there is about 60 on on this page!
Here is the growing list of garden sign sayings!
- What happens at Nana’s stays at Nana’s
- Keep Calm and Garden On
- Gardeners believe what goes down must come up
- Free weeds, U-Pick
- Mom’s flowers, Dad’s weeds
- Gardener’s always know the best dirt
- Caution ( bunny, snail, squirrel etc) crossing
- Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you
- So many seeds, so little thyme
- Everybirdy Welcome
- I live in the Garden, I just sleep in the house
- May all your weeds be wild flowers
- Peace Love Garden
- It was prettier in the catalog
- What Happens in the Garden, stays in the Garden
- I like to play in the dirt
- Everyday is Earth Day
- Make hay while the sun shines
- Stop and smell the roses
- If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need
- Welcome to the seedy side of town
- Grow damn it
- Trespasser’s will be composted
- You are now entering a stress free zone
- Ring bell, if no answer pull weeds
- Plant Whisperer
- Loam wasn’t built in a day
- One plant short of a flat
- Thyme flies when you’re in the garden
- Go outside and play
- I tried, it died
- When times are tough, just keep sowing
- Bless my bloomers
- Bless my weeds
- Gardeners are down to earth
- Let one thousand flowers bloom
- Cream of the crop
- My garden isn’t dead, it’s sleeping
- Gardeners learn by trowel and error
- Gardening is like therapy and you get tomatoes
- A few plants short of a full flat
- Welcome to our porch
- Thyme well spent
- Garden Goddess hard at work
- If you plant it they will come
- My Happy Place
- Life’s a garden, dig it
- Now entering the seedy part of town
- I don’t remember planting this…
- Beware, I’m losing my impatiens
- Unruly children will be used as weed pickers
- Sow. Weed. Water. Wait.
- Dirty hands, Clean Living
- Just another day at the plant
- Winter, Spring, Summer, Pumpkin
- Loam wasn’t built in a day
- Mother Nature laughs in flowers
- Give a weed an inch and it will take a yard
- WELL good morning glory!
- My neighbors don’t recognize my face but know my butt very well
**Update** Thought I would add my latest sign made out of burlap and moss. For the full tutorial visit First Sign Of Spring
Hope my little DIY Garden Signs and garden sign sayings inspired you to create a few of your own and add a touch of whimsy to your garden!
Plant kindness, grow love
For more craft and garden idea’s
Follow Sow and Dipity: